Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo Engine Rebuild & Install

Welll the time has almost finally come any day now we will be throwing in Eriks Engine and we will see what she can do!
We have been Getting stuff together for this car for almost 3 years now and finally in December we sent the engine to a Builder that Specializes in High Performance Engines.
$6000 later and we have finally got almost all the parts together for the car.
Turbos were just rebuilt, New motor mounts,  Gauges, gauge pillar Pods, Full Exhaust, Aftermarket Blow Offs, Digital Turbo Timers, Aftermarket ECU (ouch$$$), Larger Lifters. Aluminum flywheel, Underdrive Pulleys, Red Top Optima, & Misc Little Stuff.
just in the little Autozone stuff alone it was a $700 trip.
We Got the Last Package yesterday and if Im Not Mistaken MONDAY IS D-DAY!
i have been looking forward to going for a ride in the car again!
We have had the car UP TO 190 MPH.  When the motor was at the rebuilder we were told that it had a Pston that was cracked in half and that the only thing holdng it together was the Wrist Pin & Rings. Damn were lucky it didnt Let Go Sooner!  It Woulda Been Expensive!!! Caught the rebuild Just in time...
So with all the Aftermarket Goodies & What Not We Are hoping to Break 220 MPH we will see! Soon My Friends I Will Be Going Faster than i have on a streetbike,     But In A Car!   it will seem so Different than on the bike. I have Been 180 MPH on My 02 ZX7R Ninja and that was FAST. I Looked up from behind the Windscreen and Bam Like a Wall, the Wind was grabbing my helmet Trying to rip off my head! But What a Feeling Passing All those Cars Like they Were Stopped on the Side of the Road, Passing them Almost 3 Times Faster than they were Traveling Down the Freeway.  I Must Have Been A Blur To Them!
I have gone from The San Fernando Valley to Bakersfield almost 100 miles with 2 Stops  Once at 7-11 Lake Hughes Rd for 5 mins & Once At the Bottom Of the Grapevine for 5 minutes or so, So i Could Feel my fingers Again (Frozen) in 36 minutes. since the Wreck i have swayed away from sportbikes (I LOVE THEM)  no greater feeling Of Acceleration! I Remember Damn im Hauling ass through a Wide right Hand Sweeper Thinking Man im Doing 100 MPH Im hauling ass!!!
Then   )((((((((((((((((((((((()(((((((((((((((()(-----------------sheeeeewww-----------------)
there Goes Randy Blowing by me like I was standing still.... Damn.....
atleast 60 MPH faster than me it felt like i was sitting on the side of a freeway!
Man i miss riding. I gotta get a Bike!!! Im Thinking Dual Sport!  Possibly My 50!!!
LOL
Way Cooler Looking Than A Scooter....   By FAR!
Well ive done enough rambling!
Keep Moving Forward & GET "R" DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment